Hygiene Appointment (Cleanings)
Regular dental hygiene visits are an important step in your oral health routine. Not only does this visit help to reduce the risk of periodontal disease and other serious conditions through proactive care, but you will also find that your smile will simply look and feel better after a good dental cleaning. We will help you make sure your smile is as beautiful and healthy as possible!
A dental hygiene appointment at Lakeside Dental Care consists of:
- Soft tissue exam and oral screening to identify changes in the tissues of the mouth or signs of oral cancer
- Gum disease screening, including detailed measurements of your gums
- Dental exam to diagnose any cavities or other dental conditions
What to expect:
- X-rays. Your hygienist will take x-rays of your teeth. We recommend taking a full set of x-rays every 3-5 years, and cavity x-rays every year. These images help us locate disease and decay that can’t be seen by the naked eye.
- Dental Exam. Your dentist will perform the exam and check for cavities and other conditions. He or she will discuss the results of the exam, and answer questions about your recommended treatment or dental health in general.
- Cleaning. Your hygienist will clean and polish your teeth to remove plaque, a sticky film of bacteria. Plaque produces acid that causes tooth decay and gum disease. Your hygienist will also go over proper flossing and brushing techniques.